Who is this guy?
Hi, I'm Shey, and I specialize in rescuing troubled projects.
In my fifteen years of experience in the tech industry, I’ve often found that the most pressing problems affecting software companies are both technical and institutional. The best solutions to these problems start with people before code. My goal is to treat the problem, not the symptom.
Here are some of the things I've done for clients in the past:
- Helped founders hire their first technical employees and coached both founders and employees on how to collaborate effectively;
- Coached CTOs on how to champion founders’ product vision and how to lead their teams;
- Captained technical briefings and post-mortems;
- Fixed convoluted deployment processes so teams can ship more often with less downtime and better customer satisfaction;
- Automated and systematized server deployment for rapid, low-drama scaling.
In the past, I've have worked with Toronto companies like Precision Nutrition, where I helped the growing company codify and solidify their operation infrastructure from a small setup to a large one spread across many servers and with many developers.
I’ve worked as a management consultant for HoodQ, where I helped the company refine their strategy during an important trial partnership with Realtor.ca and after their CTO departed unexpectedly.
I’ve also helped companies like Engage build out their Quality Assurance and testing infrastructure, and was instrumental in building out their internal tools, including their development pipeline and distributed secrets storage.
You can always learn more about what people say about me on LinkedIn.